From 1 September to 30 June
Tuesday to saturday: 09:00 to 20:00
Sunday and Public Holidays: 09:00 to 15:00
From 1 July to 31 August
Tuesday to sunday and public holiday: 09:00 to 15:00
The museum will be closed on January 1 and 6, May 1 and December 24, 25 and 31.
The museum will be opended on February 28, 29 and 30 March, April 18 and 30, May 31 , August 15, October 12, November 1, December 6 and 8. April 30 (Monday) will be opened from 9.00 to 15:00.
Access to the museum is not permitted 15 minutes before closing time except in temporary exhibitions when times and methods of access may be modified for organisational reasons.
Visitors will be asked to leave the exhibition halls a few minutes before closing time
Free: European Union Citizens with corresponding proof
and embers of ICOM
Groups should book in advance via web
Groups are allowed to access the museum until one hour before the closing time.
Rules for visitors
- Leave bulky baggage in the cloakroom if the staff ask you to. There is limited room available for lockers. Please bring the least possible number of bags to avoid delays in entering the museum.
- Please follow the instructions of the museum staff at all times.
- Do not touch or go too near the works; keep a safe distance of at least 50 cms.
- If there are minors in the group, please remember that accompanying adults are reponsible for their behaviour and safety and they must be with them at all times.
- Food, drinks, running and smoking are not allowed in the building.
- The use of tripods, flash photography, video or selfie sticks is not allowed in the rooms. Photography is prohibited in temporary exhibition rooms. Reproduction of the collections is subject to permission which must be applied for beforehand at the Museum.
- Please talk at an appropriate volume and do not raise your voice so that everyone can enjoy their visit.
- Pencils are the only writing and drawing materials permitted in the exhibition rooms.
- Mobile phones must be switched off or in silent mode.