Model of the Hall of the Two Sisters REG. NO.: 6601
Plaster model split into six pieces because of its size. Produced on a wooden frame and decorated in polychrome plaster.
Dimensions: 209 x 435 x 55 cm.
Second half of the 19th century.
The six pieces had similar types of problems, widespread surface dirt, damp stains on the frame, perforations, loss of polychromy, craquelure, cracks, poor reconstruction in the past and numerous overpainting.
- General mechanical cleaning of the whole piece.
- Initial setting of the polychromy.
- Cleaning of the polychrome alternating between mechanical and chemical methods.
- Removal of overpainting and additions.
- Infilling with plaster.
- Consolidation of cracks and fissures
- Joining loose fragments
- Inpainting of the polychromy
- Treating the frame.
Restoration was carried out by restorer María José Calvín Velasco.
Tilework on the socle of the Rauda REG. NO.: 6267
Tile mosaic wall with 16-point stars in black, honey, blue and green and white cross pieces.
Dimensions: 112.4 x 89.3 cm.
The tiled panel has surface dirt and remains of adhesives, loss of ceramic and glazing material in some pieces, fragmentation of glazing and other damage as a result of salt.
- Setting the glazing
- Disassembly of the old wooden support
- Removal of old mortar
- Cleaning and elimination of salt from the ceramic material
Restoration was carried out by restorer María José Calvín Velasco